What is the process of buying a home with Gross Builders?
- Purchase Agreement:
- After you settle on a lot and floor plan of your choice, the next step will be to agree on purchasing that home.
- You will be asked to select any “structural” upgrades to the home at that time so that the construction department can begin planning to build your personalized home
- An earnest money deposit is collected at the purchase agreement signing to secure the process
- Loan Application:
- You will be asked to apply for and secure financing for your new home. You will need to keep us informed about the status of your application and your loan approval.
- Selections Phase:
- During this time, you will be asked to make the final selections for your new home. This is your time to add all of the personal choices that make your new house a home! Typically, most buyers will schedule a couple of visits with the sales consultant to ensure they have made the right choices. Once selections are complete, the purchasing department will proceed with buying those items for your home. For this reason, selections cannot be altered after completion.
- Construction Meeting:
- You will meet with our construction staff to review your selections and new home plans carefully.
- Walk-Through Meetings:
- A pre-drywall walk-through will be scheduled for you to view all of the components that make up your home before they are covered with drywall. This meeting does not apply to homes already under construction
- A pre-closing walk-through meeting is conducted shortly before the closing process. This is your opportunity to view the home prior to the closing.
- You will meet with the escrow agent after the pre-closing walk-through. This meeting will take place on site for your convenience.
- A closing walk-through is conducted just prior to you taking possession of the home. This is our way of assuring that everyone is completely satisfied with your new home.
- Just after the final closing walk-through, you will receive the keys to your brand new home and can feel free to start moving! Welcome to your new home!